Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Getting ready for Thanksgiving

Like most of you out there, I am sure, you have been in a frenzy this last day to get ready for Thanksgiving. We always have a big dinner here with as many family members as we can assemble. This year it will be quite small. 7 adults and 2 children. However, this did not stop me from getting into the baking mood. I have been baking for 2 days...and just drizzled the last dessert with chocolate.
We have Pumpkin bread.....Banana Nut Bread...Banana Nut bread with chocolate chips and chocolate drizzled on top...Russian tea cakes....Buckeyes....Chocolate Chip cookies...pumpkin pie and Apple/Cherry pie. I can't believe I was able to get it all finished in 2 days! Tomorrow, we will all eat WAY too much...then go for a long walk...come in and take on the desserts and coffee, and hopefully get the Christmas tree up. Then, comes my Favorite Holiday!! I just LOVE decorating for Christmas. We have so many outside lights to put up, it takes us a few days to get them planted and wired. :) Well, I have cleaning to finish...so...
I hope you all have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment