Thursday, October 9, 2014

Busy days and cool nights.

Yes, summer has wound down.... no more days in the 80's, hauling bucket after bucket of water to the critters...trying to catch a breeze somewhere in the shade. The days are now more tolerable. Highs in the 60's and 70's. Nights are absolutely beautiful with temps in the 40's and 50's. yes, I love Autumn. We run around trying to get the last of the project finished before the first snow flies. Gathering firewood, cleaning gardens and picking the last of the produce. I pulled a load of tomato's and peppers the other day, made a few half pints of salsa. The half pints are perfect size for the two of us. I also picked a good load of beets. Ended up with 4 more pints. Even though I am only getting small batches done at a time.. every little bit helps...and they add up quickly. Carrots are coming along good...I think... and I still need to get the garlic in the ground. *sigh* Will I ever get caught up? The 2 little bacon seeds are growing nicely. Fat and happy pigs makes me happy. I can't wait to fill the freezer with chops, bacon, sausage, bacon, roast, bacon, ribs and....bacon! Before you know it we will be sitting by a crackling fire in the evenings...planning for spring.. waiting to break ground and get those seeds in the dirt. But lets not rush things....lets enjoy these cool fall days....

No comments:

Post a Comment