Saturday, June 20, 2015

Family, food and memories.

Today was a good, easy day. It started with rain...so after the morning chores I came inside for a while. I wanted to be outside pulling weeds in the strawberry patch. Since we have been having so much rain, and the heat....the weeds are really trying to take over. I can barely see some of the strawberry plants in there. However, today our daughter came up from Evansville, we all planned to go to our son's home for a big cook out. She brought me the most beautiful wreath that she had made.
Once she and her husband got here, we had time to sit and visit for a while before heading out. It was great just talking and catching up with them. We headed out to our sons for the cook out. Good food, great memories. I really love spending time with the grand kids. I don't get to see them often enough. After we got home we chatted for a bit more, then I headed out to do evening chores. By this time there was a nice breeze and the sun was low enough that it was cooling off nicely , so I opened the big doors on the barn to cool it off. After I finished the chores, I stopped at the strawberry patch and had just enough time to get one row cleaned out. Ringo, one of the big orange barn cats decided to keep me company. He laid by me and purred....and batted at my hands when I pulled weeds near him. He wanted to play so badly...but I really needed to get one row finished. After I finished, Ringo and I had a few moments together...He agreed that I had done a pretty good job...or at least that's what I got from his incessant purring and meowing. By this time the sun was setting, so I came in to get cleaned up....poured a cup of coffee...and time to relax. Tomorrow the kids are headed back home....and hubby and I are going to Friendship,IN. It is a SUPER HUGH flea market. It is only open one week in the late spring, and one week in the early fall. We really enjoy going just to see what treasures we might find. Tomorrow is going to be an easy day....I am taking one day off this week from hard work around the homestead. I need time to relax, recharge and get ready for a long summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment