Wednesday, August 5, 2015

August temps are like September...Hmmmm, Im NOT complaining...

This really has been a very trying year as far as the weather goes. Extremely wet and HOT for July and now for August the temps are only in the 70's and 80's. Gardening this year has been a real challenge. Our beets haven't had a chance....Tomato's are growing so slow, they are rotting while still green and the green beans are trying to give up already even tho I have only picked about 6 PINTS. I really am scared to dig up the potato's...hoping they did better than everything else...not holding out much hope. Yesterday I was able to clear an area in the big garden and get it mostly ready to replant. Yes, it is late however, I am thinking just maybe the beets will be able to grow enough that I will have some for the pantry. Today I will do my best to get them planted....wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment