Monday, March 9, 2015

Finally.....I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

That tunnel being winter, and the light being Spring! This whole next week we will have temps in the 50's and 60's. Woohoo! The white stuff is slowly melting....and the sloppy water levels are rising. Normally I would complain about the "poop soup" and being human, I am sure I will at some point....but for now...I am excited to see it. I was able to open the big barn doors yesterday and let the fresh air and sunshine in. Now comes the super busy time....cleaning.....cleaning....and MORE cleaning. There is one stall in the barn that I threw the dirty bedding in most of the winter. There is a pretty good pile in there, and the cats decided to make it their personal bathroom. When everything was frozen, that wasn't a problem. Now that the temps are rising.....oh boy, I have to get that out of there and ASAP! Today is the day....I am moving it all outside...where it will compost for a few months before going on the garden. With the warmer temps, I long for the sweet smell of fresh straw in the barn floor. One day at a time....I will get this place cleaned and get ready for the gardening. Are you as excited as I am?? It seems this past winter has been colder and harder than normal...I need fresh air....I need fresh turned soil....I NEED to be outside. For now, I am going to sit here and drink my morning coffee...watch the sun come up, then head out....It's time to play outside again!

No comments:

Post a Comment