Thursday, April 7, 2016

Oh for crying out loud!

I wish there was a "magical" switch someone could flip on so Spring would just warm up already! We have had a few nice days....warm enough that the garlic is starting to come up...the strawberries are blooming...the peach trees and apple trees are blooming...and now..UGH! The weatherman said we will have several days coming up that we will wake up in the mid to upper 20's. I had to cover the little peach trees the other day....I was lucky that the winds were not too strong. I was worried that they might break branches with the weight of the sheets. Whew! So, now that they are in full bloom...looks like we are going to get a few more days of hard freeze. Where is that switch?? I NEED to get planting in the garden. I say " need" because I NEED fresh greens and such. Oh, I could go buy veggies at the grocer....however with all of the recent recalls I fear the "fresh" veggie isle. But I crave fresh greens. COME ON SUMMER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment