Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Counting Blessings.....

Yesterday, I walked through the gardens, kicking the dirt and watching the dust fly up....dreading that I needed to drag out the water hoses to water my precious vegetables. I grumbled and looked up at the sky...wondering why we couldn't get some rain.....when I wanted it. Wow, pretty self righteous of me wasn't it? Then I remembered all of those in Texas and Oklahoma, who are begging for the rain to stop. Here I am complaining because the lack of rain might cause me a little inconvenience... when thousands of people are losing everything they own because of flooding, tornado's, and storms. I hung my head....and had to stop and ask God to forgive me. I looked around at all of my blessings...my garden is doing fantastic....the animals are all healthy and a few are giving us babies...the poultry are laying great....yet I complain. Wow. Oh, I know I am not the only one out here in "cyberland" that does it, or has done it....I might be one of the few who will actually admit it tho. It is embarrassing to admit when we are acting like spoiled children. So....if you are reading this...and live in Texas or Oklahoma...or have family and friends that have been effected by this weather...know that I am sorry...and I am praying for everyone there. If you are like me, and are not down there...please...say a little ( or BIG ) heart felt prayer for everyone that has been hurt by this weather. Then, stop and look around at all of your blessings...

No comments:

Post a Comment