Monday, January 16, 2012

Crazy weather here..how about yours?

So, for the last few days, it has been bitter cold....temps in the teens, and single digits overnights, winds howling...just bitter cold. This sort of weather of course makes doing chores a bit more challenging....breaking ice in the troughs...checking waterers several times a day, and throwing extra hay to everyone....fluffing bedding.Of course I am not complaining...well..maybe a little...but I DO love this farm. Today however, the temps will be in the mid to upper 40's. Time to drag out the water hoses, and clean out the duck pools. Joy of all joys...my favorite chore... NOT! Stinky ducks!!! Oh how I long for warmer weather, and dry duck yards..ha, that made me giggle..if you are owned by ducks, you know, they never have dry yards. Even in a drought, the can make MUD! Stinky little critters!
Last night I was up most of the night with a tooth ache. Seems one of my wisdom teeth, has broken off, exposing the nerve. And, of COURSE not one dentist is open today, MLK day. So I will suffer through another day and night, until I can get in to a dentist. Orajel is my friend, and lifeline LOL The morning chores are finished, so I need to get my shower, and feed myself...something soft..like scrambled eggs...fresh from the chickens here at home. LOVE these fresh eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment