Thursday, December 8, 2011

BRrrrrrrrrrr.....

As I step out this morning, to do the animal chores..I am greeted with a crisp, frosty morning...everything is laced in white.....Oh, Who am I kidding?? IT IS COLD OUT THERE!!!! 22 degrees! Nothing even remotely romantic about that! Its the kind of cold where, you want to breath through your mouth, because you don't want frozen boogers....but, you don't want to breathe through your mouth, because the cold air makes you colder faster! JEESH! Water troughs are frozen, rain barrels are frozen..and now, my fingers and face is frozen.The ONLY good thing about this morning chores...was Suzie was warm. Well, until I started milking. She gave a little jump, and turned and smacked me with her head. OK, OK, I get it! I put my hands in my coat to warm them a bit before continuing. Once they were warmed up, she stood nicely for her milking. Luckily for me...and well, for the chickens too I guess...I had taken the water warmers out yesterday and had them plugged in. The chickens have fresh water. The pigeons....well...not so lucky. Had to break the ice from their dishes, and refill them. I opened the big doors on the coops, to let the sun warm it up a little in there. Today, I will be working IN the house, to get it finished decorated. Pics to follow....

No comments:

Post a Comment