Sunday, May 25, 2014

Memorial weekend = garden work and BBQ

Oh boy! The weather has been PERFECT for working in the garden and making sun tea. Our first jug of the year. Oh boy, it really hit the spot today! Yesterday I started in the small garden, mounding up the taters. They look so much better. I noticed today, they are starting to bloom already! Wow.
These are the before and after pictures. Whew! Wore me out. After this was finished I went to the big garden and started mounding the taters in there. ( Yes we have taters in 2 gardens) I was only able to get 2 rows finished before I was totally worn out. So today... back to the big garden. I finished the last of the taters, then had to add more dirt to the end of one of the green bean rows. Only about 6 ft. Then replanted that area. I forgot to get pictures. But, let me tell you, it was a BIG job! I paused long enough to pick a quart of strawberries and take them inside to clean and prep for later. They were so delicious! After about 4 hours of working the gardens, I put the hammock back out, and rested in there for a bit. I almost fell asleep. It was so peaceful, warm outside with a great cool breeze. Had to get up before I fell asleep. Hubby cleaned, washed and waxed my truck for me today. I came inside and made macaroni salad, got a few small steaks out to marinate for a little bit before supper. Hubby cooked them up perfect on the grill, while I put the corn on the cob on to cook. Had a great supper. Finished evening chores, got a cool shower and relaxing with a cup of coffee. What a great day! I think tomorrow we will take it easy...relax...and reflect on the meaning of this holiday weekend. Hubby is snoring in his chair next to me....poor guy is worn out. It won't be too much longer and I will be snoring next to him. :) I hope you all have a great weekend...productive or relaxing... just be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment