Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Rain = rest! whew!

Tuesday couldn't get here fast enough. Well, not that I don't like weekends, with the hubby home to help around the place... but THIS Tuesday sends the "promise" of rain. Not that we really NEED rain, but personally I need rain. Rain = rest. If it is raining, I can't go out and pull weeds, or move dirt, or fix fencing, or get firewood. Oh, there are a lot of things I need to get done...but today, I NEED rest. This morning after chores I stopped at my little strawberry bed...and It really is little. Only about 4 x 6 but boy oh boy can that little bed hold a LOT of strawberries! Yesterday we had company come out, a friend with her 2 boys. I let them pick from the strawberry bed. And my Son Robert came out with the 3 grand kids...they too picked from the strawberry bed...but that didn't stop this little bed from giving its all. This morning I picked these!
Yummy sweet strawberries! I really like that 4 of these can fill my hand.
We just finished off the first quart I picked 2 days ago. I believe these are destined to make a strawberry cake. Doesn't this look DELISH!???
Here is the recipe...for YOUR dining pleasure. Simply Delicious Strawberry Cake 12-16 Servings Prep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling Ingredients •1 package white cake mix (regular size) •1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin •1 cup water •1/2 cup canola oil •4 egg whites •1/2 cup mashed unsweetened strawberries Frosting •1 cup heavy cream, •1 cup confectioners sugar •2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced or halved. Now, get out there and get yourself some strawberries...and make this cake...just TRY not to eat it all yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment