Thursday, November 24, 2011

Big Sigh,,,,,ahhhhhhh.

So, the turkey has been stripped....everything that is left is resting in their own little bowls in the fridge. The desserts are on the counter....begging me to take just one more bite..I can't..I'm stuffed like that turkey was!! The kitchen is clean...there is a fire in the wood stove...everyone has gone home hubby has settled in with football..and I have my coffee. As I went out to do the evening chores, I had to step over the bodies of 5 little kittens with big round bellies....laying on the front porch. They too are stuffed from the scrapings of the turkey. They all lay there big bellies, sleepy eyes, and there is still turkey in their pan! I think they are all content. :)
As I sit here at the end of the table....I see in a basket at the other end...the clover leaf rolls I made for supper. I can hear them scream to me through the plastic bag....COLD TURKEY SANDWICH....YOU KNOW YOU WANT ONE!!!! I can not!! I must not....I probably will. Later!  So, our Thanksgiving went well...we have a LOT to be thankful for. A roof over our heads, food in our pantry, and the comfort and love of friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment