Monday, November 28, 2011

Rain rain, GO AWAY!!!

So, it has been raining so many days now I can not remember. All I know is.....poop soup. Everywhere! Duck yards, chicken and turkey yards, pig yards especially... ( YUK) and the 3 pastures are flooding. I think even the ducks are over it. They spent most of today in the coop. I knew it was going to rain all day, so I took more pumpkins to the chickens. They really enjoyed it. I put the pumpkin in the coops this time, since they would be spending all day in there with the rain.
This afternoon I went to the town over with my son, daughter in-law, and 2 grand babies, and we went Christmas tree shopping for them. They picked out a beautiful tree, and we got it set in the stand before I left. By the time I got home, it was dark..and raining of course, so the evening chores were done by flashlight. I couldn't wait to get inside and get a warm fire going...get my shower, and in warm jammies. Tomorrow they are predicting snow in the evening. I am sure it wont stay, too wet! Still need to get the decorations up...if it ever stops raining long enough for us to get them from the barn. Hoping to get them all out Thursday, and get the trees up, the house decorated, and the front yard set up. I just love decorating for Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment