Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

So, the day is finally here. We rush around for days before, making preparations, cleaning, baking....then, the day comes. THE day. Turkey day! Or, maybe some of you like ham, or both? We usually just have Turkey with our small crowd. 8 to 10 people. My daughter came in last night with her hubby, and was up with me this morning helping with all the prep. She diced onions and celery, while I did animal chores. By the time I came in she was breaking bread, and ready to mix the stuffing.The turkey is in the oven... the corn and green beans are simmering, the rolls are rising, sweet potato's are bubbling away in the other oven. ( Yes, I have 2 ovens, one is built into the wall) The vegetables are cleaned and cut and on their trays. The table is set...and now we can take a break while everything cooks. Whew! I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with family and friends, and good food. Parade time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment