Saturday, November 12, 2011

Cleaning the barn....getting ready for winter.

So, Winter is fast approaching. Time to get the last ditch efforts done to get winterized. So much to do, so little time...so I incorporated the help of the neighbors kids! Funny how a few dollars will bring kids out of the woodwork wanting to "help" Today I am getting the 3 stalls cleaned, straw and hay stacked...water buckets cleaned and filled...and pumpkins stacked for feeding during the winter...all for a few bucks, and I don't have to lift a finger! THAT is the best part. I will be in the kitchen baking bread and getting together the recipes for Thanksgiving.  Some time this afternoon the hubs and I will be going to get a few loads of free firewood and getting it stacked closer to the house. Since we have persimmon trees, I decided to look into the seeds, and try to predict the upcoming winter. See....the "old timers" say...split a persimmon seed and see what image is inside. A Fork will tell of a not so snowy winter, a spoon means you will be shoveling lots of snow, and a knife tells of "cutting cold" So, I split a few seeds....spoons!! UGH! This is why we are moving the wood closer to the house.
Soon we will be decorating for the upcoming Holidays...I just love to decorate for Christmas! We have several gatherings here at the farm friends and family, so I MUST "put on the nines" Busy day ahead, so I better get to it.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to seeing if the seeds are correct. I hope they are not for your sake!

    ReplyDelete